Keeping an airway open and making sure someone is breathing is critical in assessing any patient. This module discusses various methods of managing the airway of an injured patient.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explain when and how to place someone in the recovery position
- Describe how to use a finger sweep to clear an airway
- Decide when and how to use the head-tilt chin lift maneuver
- Decide when and how to use the jaw thrust maneuver
- Decide when and how to use abdominal thrust maneuver in children
- Describe the causes of airway obstruction
- Explain appropriate techniques to clear an airway in pregnant women
- Describe how to clear foreign bodies in infants and children
- Decide when to use rescue breathing
After purchase, you may access your online course modules on the Your Online Modules page.