Bites and stings from animals and insects are very common on back country trips. This module discusses the common bites and stings encountered in the wilderness and their treatment.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the various types of bites and stings found in the wilderness
- Recognize the major classes of snakes
- Describe the treatment of snake bites
- Describe the treatment of scorpion bites
- Understand the basic methods for treating spider bites
- Outline the prevention of mosquito bites
- Describe the proper method to remove a tick
- Describe some of the common diseases that mosquitos and tick spread to humans
- Describe appropriate defense methods if attacked by a brown or a black bear
After purchase, you may access your online course modules on the Your Online Modules page.