Drowning remains one of the most common back country injuries and causes of death. The number of drowning related incidents is increasing worldwide, and most people don’t know the proper way to treat a drowning victim. This module brings students up-to-date on critical issues surrounding drowning as well as important changes in terminology and description of injuries.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the epidemiology of drowning
- Outline the pathophysiology of drowning
- Recognize the new terms for injuries sustained in water
- Recognize a drowning victim
- Describe appropriate treatment of drowning victims
- Identify appropriate medicines used in drowning victims
- Describe common causes of unconsciousness in water victims
- Describe common infections associated with drowning
- Identify common heart and EKG changes in drowning victims
- Identify risk factors and prevention
After purchase, you may access your online course modules on the Your Online Modules page.