Some of the most feared and dangerous injuries are those to the head and spine. Understanding basic anatomy and treatment of these injuries is essential in back country medicine. This module describes common spine and head injuries and their management.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the basic anatomy of the brain and spine
- Describe the purpose of the cerebral spinal fluid
- Recognize a concussion
- Describe the treatment of a concussion
- Outline the treatment for scalp lacerations
- Recognize a skull fracture
- Outline the treatment of a skull fracture
- Describe a closed head injury
- Describe an epidural and subdural brain bleed
- Outline the management of potential spinal cord injuries
After purchase, you may access your online course modules on the Your Online Modules page.