Anytime a person ventures into the back country the risk of developing illness related to heat becomes a factor. We normally don’t worry about this in an urban environment because it can be regulated. Becoming too hot is a real danger and creates many problems. This module discusses the various diseases related to heat and important information necessary for the wilderness traveler.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize heat related illnesses
- Describe the various diseases related to heat
- Describe the treatment for hyperthermia
- Understand the importance of hydration
- Identify cramps related to heat illness
- Outline the appropriate steps to cool a patient
- Describe the steps needed to prevent heat illnesses
- Identify the early signs of heat related illnesses
After purchase, you may access your online course modules on the Your Online Modules page.