When a person ventures into the back country there is the risk of developing cold related illness. People don’t usually worry about this in an urban environment because of the many ways to keep warm. Becoming too cold is a real danger, creating problems in the back country. This module discusses the various diseases related to the cold and important information necessary for the wilderness traveler.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize cold related illnesses
- Describe the various diseases related to cold
- Describe the treatment for hypothermia
- Understand the importance of staying warm
- Identify frostbite and frostnip
- Outline the appropriate steps to heat a patient
- Describe the steps needed to prevent hypothermia
- Identify the early signs of cold related illnesses
After purchase, you may access your online course modules on the Your Online Modules page.