People become sick in the backcountry, or they may bring the disease with them, such as diabetes or seizures. They may experience a known or unknown disease during a backcountry trip. The management of medical problems is essential for proper care in the back country. This module discusses common illnesses and their management.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the proper management of chest pain in the back country
- Describe the proper management of abdominal pain in the back country
- Outline the steps in the management of diabetes in the back country
- Recognize an allergic reaction
- Outline the steps for the treatment of an allergic reaction in the backcountry
- Explain the treatment for upper respiratory infections in the back country
- Describe the treatment for pneumonia in the back country
- Understand the treatment for stroke in the wilderness
- Explain the treatment for constipation
After purchase, you may access your online course modules on the Your Online Modules page.