Assessing an injured or sick patient is the foundation of back-country medicine. This module discusses steps for the proper initial management of patients in the wilderness.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the appropriate initial management methods
- Assess an injured or sick patient
- Describe the scene survey
- Describe the primary survey
- Describe the secondary survey
- Describe the ongoing survey
- Outline how to stabilize a neck
- Explain the initial management of an airway
- Describe how to stop massive bleeding
- Explain how to create appropriate notes
After purchase, you may access your online course modules on the Your Online Modules page.