Assessing an injured or sick patient is the foundation of back-country medicine. This module discusses assessing the status and vital signs of patients in the wilderness.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Outline the appropriate initial methods to take vital signs in the back country
- Describe normal breathing patterns and rates
- Describe normal blood pressure
- Describe normal pulses and pulse rates
- Describe the assessment of skin color
- Outline how to estimate blood pressure
- Explain how to evaluate the loss of consciousness
- Explain how to estimate body temperature
After purchase, you may access your online course modules on the Your Online Modules page.